Yesterday evening we presented ourselves at the Thymos AB meeting. This is needed for the progress of becoming a SSV (student sport association) under Thymos. We really want to join this SSV group to make strength training more known and respectable among students. We think that, being an SSV helps us to:
– Have a better relationship with Thymos and SCB the Bongerd
– Promote student strength training as a sport, among students
– Subsidy some events/competitions we are willing to carry out
– Training with a group at the Bongerd, having proffesional supervision
– Having a bigger network with other SSV, so we can sometimes set up events together
– Social gathering with our members and SSV members
For our own experience we thought that the presentation was good! Especially due to our chairman Mark Reijerman.
Now we wait for all the SSV’s to vote for our participation as SSV the Wageningen Beasts!
The voting will take place on 2 juni. We will let you know our progress.