Recipe: Red lentil balls
This week we will feature a special recipe for all our vegetarian and vegan friends, or people who want to try something different every once in awhile. We really like this recipe because it contains quite an amount of protein (for a vegan recipe that contains no soy), and as a Beast… well you need quite some protein, so we can make some more gainzzz. The large amount of lentils is also very nice of course.
The red lentil balls are also a very good party snack, serve them with some of your favourite dipping sauces and you will have a guilty-free night of feasting.
Ingredients (15 balls)
- 200 grams red lentils
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 2 cloves of chopped up garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 40 grams oats
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- a pinch of sea salt
How to make the dish
- Rinse the lentils and put them in a cooking pot with 500 ml water.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or ’till cooked.
- Drain and let them cool down a bit.
- Mash or blend them together, put them in a bowl and blend with the other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to about 190°C.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Put some greaseproof paper on the baking tray.
- Mold the mixture into 15 little balls and bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Turn them every 5 minutes so they will brown evenly.
- Serve with sauce to your liking and enjoy!
Macros (one ball)
Energy 62 kcal
Total fats 0,5 grams
Total carbs 10,5 grams
Sugar 4,5 grams
Proteins 4 grams