Recipe: Hasselback chickenbreast (1p)
For the chicken lovers (so every Beast): Hasselback chicken with ricotta cheese and spinach. The concept of the hasselback chicken is easy: make multiple cuts in the chicken breast and fill them up with delicious ingredients. This recipe is adapted from myfoodblog.nl.
It’s very tasty and also very protein rich. It is intended to be a starter but when you make 2 you can also make it a main dish. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken breast (150-200 grams)
- 50 grams fresh spinach
- 30 grams ricotta cheese
- 1 table spoon grated cheese
- a dash of olive oil
- a pinch of pepper
How to make the dish
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the spinach with olive oil in a frying pan.
- When the spinach has shrunken, turn off the stove.
- Add the ricotta cheese and a pinch of pepper to the warm spinach and stir.
- Make cuts in the chicken breast every other 1-2 centimeters. Don’t cut the chicken breast all the way through, just halfway through.
- Spread the spinach ricotta mix over the chicken and in between the cuts.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the chicken breast.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes until it has a nice golden brown colour.
- Enjoy your chicken!
Macros (per 1 chicken breast prepared)
Energy 311 kcal
Total fats 12,2 grams
Saturated fats 6,9 grams
Total carbs 0,7 grams
Sugar 0,2 grams
Proteins 44,8 grams