Recipe: One pot feast à la Beast
Whether you want to prep some meals, consume a lot of calories, or just don’t want too many dishes to wash, this recipe is for you!!!
This is one of the most versatile recipes ever, great for cleaning out your fridge, or buying whatever is on sale.
The main reason I like this recipe is the fact you can cook a lot of food with minimal effort, and it tastes good too.
I will give you a basic recipe which is one of the healthier/leaner options, feel free to add whatever you want, I will give you some tips for variations along the way.
An example of what this dish might look like, depending on your veggies and meat of choice
Veggies of your choice, for example:
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- 200 grams carrot
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 1 broccoli
- 100 grams cooked lentils
- 1 clove of garlic
Meats of your choice, the fattier the tastier (combine 2 types of meat if you like), for example:
- 300 grams chicken
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 15 ml olive oil
How to make the dish
- Chop the veggies and meat into dice sized(or smaller) pieces.
- Heat the oil in a big pot.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pot, and let it cook for a minute, add the rest of your veggies.
- Cook them until they have started to shrink down a bit (3-5 minutes)
- Add your chicken (or any meat of your choice, certain kinds of sausages can add huge amounts of flavour), cook this for about 3-5 minutes.
- Now you want to add all your herbs/spices/seasonings, I also like to add a cube of stock (this alone will add a huge amount of flavour to your dish) and some hot sauce<3.
- Add the rice to your pot, and add in water (2 volume parts water for 1 part rice, example: 1 cup of rice, 2 cups of water).
- Bring this to a boil, add a lid, then let is simmer on low-medium heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and leave it for 10minutes.
- Now FEAST LIKE A BEAST, or divide it over some Tupperware to make delicious/nutritious meals for later.
Macros (example, whole dish)
Energy 1954 kcal
Total fats 20 grams
Total carbs 307 grams
Protein 114 grams