Recipe: Low-fat French fries
Most “cheatfoods” can be substituted with some healthier alternative, like the “healthier Oreo cookies” we featured a few weeks back. We would like to offer you more of these healthy alternatives, if you have certain snacks you just can’t seem to fit into your diet, let us know!!!
This week we will let you in on one of our life changing recipes: low-fat French fries. Most cheatfoods like icecream, chocolade or cookies, can be fitted into your diet every once in a while… But with French fries this is just impossible, for every 100 grams (which is like nothing for a Wageningen Beast) there are 319 kcal and 17 grams of fat!!!
Our French fries won’t hinder your attempts to create the ultimate Beast summer body……
- About 500 grams of potato
- 5 ml olive oil or any other type of oil (we don’t recommend using massage oil)
- Sea salt or seasonings to preference
How to make the dish
- Pre-heat your oven to about 225°C.
- Cut your potatoes into 1cmx1cm French fries, or any other shape (this will change the cooking time).
- Make sure the French fries are dry, by using a dry towel to get rid of excess water.
- Add about 5ml of oil, and mix the fries with your hands.
- Put them onto a cooking sheet, preferably something non-stick.
- Add your salt/seasoning.
- Put them into to oven to bake for about 30 minutes, or whenever you feel like they are crisp enough.
- (Serve your French fries with some low-fat mayonnaise).
Energy 465 kcal
Total fats 5 grams
Total carbs 88 grams
Protein 10 grams