Recipe: Vegetable pasta
Today we present to you a very simple recipe for those who are cutting. With this recipe you can reduce your intake of those dreaded carbs while boosting your veggie intake at the same time! And best of all: it takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
- Courgette, carrot, broccoli stems, turnip, beetroot, daikon radish, etc.
How to make the dish
- Peel the vegetable(s) of your choice with a vegetable peeler.
- Using a cheese slicer cut long strips of the vegetable. If desired, use a knife to cut them to your preferred shape (i.e. tagliatelle).
- Put the vegetables in a bowl, cover tightly with heat-resistant plastic foil and cook in the microwave at 800 W for 2-3 minutes for soft vegetables (courgette, broccoli) or 4-5 minutes for hard vegetables (beetroot, turnip).
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can cook the vegetables in simmering water. But by cooking your veggies in the microwave, no flavour or nutrients leach into the cooking water, so the result is more tasty and more healthy!
I like to serve this pasta as a salad with some cooked meat and feta, but feel free to get creative 😉