Sateh saus with marinated chicken thighs (+/- 4 persons)
NOTE: THIS RECIPE IS ALL BOUT TASTING THE DISH WHILE MAKING IT. NOTHING IS WRONG. ALSO USING PROPER INGREDIENTS, ESPECIALLY THE PEANUT BUTTER CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
|6 tbs||Sweet soya (Ketjap Manis)|
|1 package||Bumbu sambal goreng mix|
|3 ts||Sambal (Badjak)|
|350g||100% Peanut butter|
|….||Salt and Pepper|
- Chop 4 garlic cloves and stir fry them in a pan (with non-stick coating) with some oil on a high fire.
- Lower the fire and add the 100% peanut butter (as much as you like) to the pan and add warm water with it. This is a tricky part, because the amount should be just right or else it is to thin or to thick. Tip: You don’t need much water compared to peanut butter. So add water with small(er) amounts. If to thin, add more peanut butter. If to thick add more water.
- Add 3 tbs spoons of soya saus, 2 tbs of sambal, some salt and pepper and add the whole bumbu mix (I use toko Lien usually).
- Stir until it is warm and taste if the you may need to put ingredients in it. E.g. more soya saus.
Some people are more of the sweet sauce, so more soya, while others like a savoury version, thus more salt.
EXTRA: If you want to make Gado Gado (Salad with Sateh sauce) you will need to add a bit of coconut milk to the water. Also the sauce is much thinner this way than with only chicken.
MARINATED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Slice the chicken thighs into pieces and chop the remaining garlic.
- Put them into a bowl and add a good amount of soya sauce, the chopped garlic, sambal and some salt & pepper.
- Cover it with foil and let it rest for 24 hours (preferably) in the fridge. Tip: Shake the bowl after 12 hours so the bottom pieces come on top.
- After 24 hours, grill them in a pan of BBQ (you have to put them on skewers of course) slowly.
- If in a pan after they are done, put them all together in the Sateh sauce.
And then enjoy with some nice rice for example! But as I always say, this sauce makes everything better, so if you want to go extra healthy, just add in in a nice salad as is depicted in the picture!
|Whole dish (without rice)||Per person|