Lentil Soup (+/- 4 persons)
A nice, comforting soup, perfect for these cold days. The lentils provide this soup with a nice amount of vegetable protein and some texture. The spices ensure an awesome flavor.
- 275 g red lentils
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1-1.5 cubes of chicken stock
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- Rinse the lentils until the water that you drain from them is clear.
- Prepare the stock by boiling 1 litre of water and adding the chicken stock cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook until golden, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spices, fry shortly, and then add the lentils and stock.
- Bring the soup to a boil and leaver to simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes. Stir a few times in between.
- Shortly blend the soup using an immersion blender or a blender. The goal is to have the soup remain somewhat chuncky.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and swirl some yoghurt on top.
|Whole dish||Per person|