Recipe: Semoor Daging Jakarta (+/- 4 persons)
Amount: Food: What:
500g Lean beef steak Cut
2 Onions Chopped
3 cloves Garlic Chopped
3 dL Water
3 tbs Sweet soya sauce (Ketjap Manis)
4 Potatoes Pealed
1 tbs Laos Pealed and chopped
Bit of Palm sugar (Gula Djawa)
2 Bay leaf
2 ts Nutmeg
…. Salt & peper
- Make the Bumbu by pealing and chopping the garlic, onion and laos. Now add the Bay leafs and Clove(s).
- Peal the potatoes and cut them into slices.
- Take a hot Wok with some oil and fry the sliced potatoes.
- Slice the meat into cubes and with the margarine bake them until they are light brown.
- Add the Bumbu.
- Bring it to the boil and add the Sweet soya.
- Wash the tomatoes, chop them and add.
- Lower the fire to its lowest and let it sit for approximately 2 hours until the meat is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Add the fried potatoes and stir gently.
- Lastly remove the Bay leafs and Clove(s).
Take some nice cooked rice and enjoy this lovely traditional Jakarta dish!
|Whole dish (without rice)||Per person|