Risotto with mushrooms
This is a very nice (vegetarian) recipe, especially if you are bulking.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
1 litre (vegetable) broth
75-100g Parmesan cheese (grated/flakes)
400 gr risotto rice
250 ml white wine
2 spring onions
600 gr chestnut mushrooms (kastanjechampignons)
How to make the risotto
- Put the broth on a small flame so it stays warm
- Cut the mushrooms in slices and finely chop the onion
- Put a little bit of olive oil in one pan and add the mushrooms, fry them until they are done and slightly brown
- Put a little bit of olive oil in another pan and fry the onions until they’re soft and look “glassy”
- Add the risotto rice to the onions and fry for about 1 minute until they turn slightly
translucent, then put the stove on a low heat.
- Add the white wine to the rice and onions and let it evaporate
- Add the broth 2 ladles at time to the rice and onions and let evaporate/be absorbed until adding the next ladles of broth.
- When the rice is almost cooked (after about 30-40 minutes) add (Italian) herbs and spices to taste.
- Turn the stove off and stir the Parmesan cheese through the rice.
- Add the mushrooms and a small clump of butter to the rice. Stir it through and put the lid on the pan to let it rest for about 2-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the spring onions in small slices.
- Sprinkle the spring onion over the risotto before or after serving.
Eat with some salad if you want some extra vegetables.
|Whole dish||Per serving|