If you have any questions, this FAQ-list might answer them. If this is not the case, you are always free to send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the association
- What is Wageningen Beasts and where can I acquire information?
- The Wageningen Beasts is a strength-focused sports association, with all kinds of extra activities, mostly it is about having a good time, and helping each other reaching our goals. You can find more information on this website. Also, you can send us an email using the contact form on our website, or just send an email to email@example.com. If you want to see some pictures of our activities, we have an Instagram account and a Facebook page.
- What are the benefits of a Wageningen Beasts membership?
- 1) You are welcome to join all of our events and activities that are organized. For example the bootcamp training sessions, strong man experience and the lectures!
2) You will also be part of a community in which people really help each other in the strive for their goals. There is a lot of knowledge in our community on training/nutrition. Either you are a beginner or an advanced lifter or bodybuilder. Tell your aspirations and there will be people who can help and motivate you!
3) You will get updates about all the events that you can join!
4) Can order supplements from XXL nutrition and other brands with a discount only for members.
5) Can be part of the organization by joining one of the committees!
6) Gain access to training sessions by professional trainers
7) Gain access to brand new official olympic training material (eg: bumper plates, official weightlifting bars)!
8) Are ensured of an enjoyable and fun year with lots of fellow beasts!
9) And last but not least, you will be part of a close group of friends who often have interaction inside the gym or outside during events.
- Is there a hazing period?
- Nope! We do not like the idea of a hazing period!
- Can I join some activities before becoming a member to see what it is like?
- Of course! You are always welcome to try out a training, or to see what the activities are like! Just send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Become a member
- How do I become a member?
- 1) Fill in this subscription form.
2) Transfer 25 Euros if you pay before 15-09-2016, or 30 if you pay after 15-09-2016 to Wageningen Beasts, bank account NL31 RABO 0311 4374 94 (or 15 Euros after 15 February, for half a year of membership)
- Are there requirements for becoming a member?
- There are no requirements for becoming a member! You do not have to be a student, nor being associated to the university of Wageningen.
- How much do I pay for a membership?
- €5 discount till the 15th of September: €25,- for a FULL year membership
After the 15th of September: €30,-
After the 15th of February: €15,- for a half year membership
A membership ends at August every year, unless you prolong it.
Training in the Bongerd
- Do I get immediate access to the Bongerd upon joining Wageningen Beasts?
- Not immediately, you will have to subscribe to an introduction lesson at the Bongerd, but when you join the Wageningen Beasts, special introduction lessons will be arranged, so you will not be on the waiting list. You do need to buy sport rights though! This can be arranged via the Bongerd.
I am just starting out…
- I am new to fitness/strength training. Can I get help at the start of my strength training?
- You are always welcome to join the trainings on Tuesday and Thursday or to join the bootcamp. Also, you can find beginner workout schedules on our website: www.wageningenbeasts.com. Lastly, you can always ask other members to help you. We are a close community, and there are always members gladly willing to help you out!
2. My technique could use some feedback can I get that somewhere?
- Of course! You can get feedback during the Tuesday and Thursday trainings!
Our organized trainings
- Can I just join a training or do I need to enrol?
- For our training on Tuesday you have to enrol by filling in the weekly form that is uploaded in our Facebook group. For the bootcamps and the training on Thursdays you do not have to enrol, you can just show up. If you are not a member and would like to join a training, send an email to email@example.com
- Can I become member of a team?
- Currently we are working very hard to make official teams, so we hope to have accomplished this next year!
- Where can I find information on the activities?
- For members: in the newsletter, in our facebook group and on the website: www.wageningenbeasts.com (>About us >Activities).
For non-members: you can subscribe for the newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by checking the website: www.wageningenbeasts.com (>About us >Activities).
- Do I need experience in training to join the activities?
- No, you do not need any prior experience in training to join the training or activities!
- Do I need some knowledge on topics before I can attend lectures?
- No! The lectures are set up in such a way that you can follow it without having any prior knowledge!
- Are there group activities?
- Yes, there are a lot of group activities, which are posted on our Facebook. We have both sports related and non-sports related activities. For example, movie nights, lectures, bootcamps, clinics, dinners…
- Where can I enrol for the newsletter?
- By sending an email with the request to email@example.com
2. How often will I get a newsletter?
- Every month we send a newsletter.
- Who do I need to address for money related topics?
- For money related topics, you can approach the treasurer of the association (you can find out who the treasurer is by looking on the website www.wageningenbeasts.com > About us > Board), or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where can I order supplements with WB members discount?
- Via Supp supply, one of our committees. You can contact them by sending a Whatsapp message to +31 6 15155592 (Mike Vosskuhler) or +31 6 13003320 (Thomas Verhagen), a FB message to Mike Vosskuhler or Thomas Verhagen, or mail to email@example.com.
- Where can I order WB merchandise?
- Currently, we have a merchandise committee, doing their best to provide you with all sorts of cool merchandise. They will post on Facebook what they are offering, and who to contact. Recently the merchandise committee has got their own Facebook page, via which you can view the (prices of) merchandise items and order! Visit their page here. If you do not have Facebook you can order via whatsapp or via our contact form at the top of this page
How can I be active in the association?
- Can I become a member of a committee?
- As a member you can join a committee! You can ask the commissioner committees or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To see an overview of the committees, go to About us > Committees
- Who do I need to approach if I have ideas for the association or an activity?
- Ideas are very welcome! You can approach a board member or send an email to email@example.com